Saturday, September 01, 2007

a quote i just found

years ago michael and i read a biography of george mueller and were deeply impacted by this godly man and his life. i was reading another blog and found this quote by him. i just had to share it.

“I saw more clearly than ever, that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not, how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man may be nourished . . . I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God and to meditation on it.” --George Mueller

George Mueller, A Narrative of Some of the Lord's Dealing with George Mueller, Written by Himself, Jehovah Magnified. Addresses by George Mueller Complete and Unabridged, 2 Vols. (Muskegon, Mich.: Dust and Ashes, 2003), 1:271-1:272.


looks like i need to find this book and read more from one of my favorite godly saints.

have a great labor day weekend! gail

No comments: